(1) Cut a shallow groove in one end of both upright sticks
2) Insert the trigger stick between the grooves. The upright sticks should not meet at the center of the trigger
(3) Balance the sticks as shown under the weight of the deadfall
(1) Tie a small overhand loop knot in your parachute cord, then fold the loop back on itself to form Mickey Mouse ears and weave the tag end through the ears as illustrated
(2) To build the twitch-up snare, use more cord to tie a spring pole or the branch of a small tree in tension
(3) Set up a trigger mechanism like the one shown. When the animal? head goes through the loop, the trigger is released, and it snatches the animal into the air, out of reach of other predators
(1) Make a small loop by wrapping the snare wire around a pencil-diameter stick twice, then turning the stick to twist the wire strands together.